Friday, February 18, 2011

Tenants of 'worst building in Bronx' may soon get answer to prayers in form of new landlords

Gladys Gonzalez, a resident of 1553 Bryant Ave., prays each night that the ceiling in her bedroom does not collapse on her before morning.

"I'm afraid....I know the Lord is with me and I pray every night for him to watch over this building," said the 49-year-old Gonzalez. "I know it's the only reason the place hasn't collapsed already."
Her prayers may finally have been answered.

The residents of "the worst building in the Bronx," with the most open housing code violations - 1,255 - may soon find an escape from the horror.Two ex-Wall Street bankers have combined their savings with low-interest city and federal loans to buy the notorious address in Fairmont.[ Read More...]

No comments:

Post a Comment